We do our best to control colors across all our products, but it is possible that you may receive items where the color doesn't match completely. In textile manufacturing, dye lots contribute heavily to difficulties with matching product color (read more about dye lots). Much of the time, however, the slight color differences shouldn't be very noticeable, especially with distance between them (such as between tables). This isn't as much of an issue in the apparel industry, because you often only purchase one unit of an article of clothing in a given color. Our products regularly get purchased by the tens or hundreds in a single order, so guaranteeing a color match across all products is not always possible.
The following factors increase the difficultly of shipping completely color-matched products to our customers:
- Different dye lots may be used to produce a single SKU during the cutting and sewing stage
- Different dye lots may be used to produce different SKUs during the cutting and sewing stage
- Different dye lots may be used over time, as cloth supplies are used and replenished
- Different dye lots for a single SKU may be stored in our warehouses at the same time
- Different dye lots across different SKUs may be stored in our warehouses at the same time
As you can imagine, this makes it nearly impossible to get a 100% color match, even for a single SKU. All our warehouse fulfillment staff is trained to match products as closely as possible for each shipment. If there's a question about matching across different dye lots, they consult a supervisor or our Customer Service staff. Occasionally, some items make it through this process without a close match. Also, due to product availability in the warehouse, we sometimes have no better options available to send. If you're dissatisfied with the color match of your items and it's been less than 30 days since you received them, we will gladly accept returns. Please see our How do I return an item? for more on how to return your items.